ElderCare Pharmacy has been providing services to long-term care nursing centers and assisted living centers for over 25 years.
Our quality pharmacy dispensing services are extensive and include:
- Trained associates ready to assist and accommodate nursing center and assisted living centers
- Specialized medication packaging systems
- Infusion therapy
- Courier service
- On-call pharmacist 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Quality assurance program
Our Consultant Pharmacists have a holistic view of monitoring medication use, where the risks and benefits of any one medication must be viewed in relation to the entire drug regimen. We are patient focused in our responsibilities and collaborate with the centers we serve to provide:
- Medication Regimen Review (MRR) - Our consultant pharmacists complete a thorough monthly evaluation of the medication regimen of each patient, with the goal of promoting positive outcomes and minimizing adverse consequences associated with medication.
- Established Guidelines - Our Consultant Pharmacists come prepared with a wealth of experience and extension knowledge of the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines.
- Medication Education - Our Consultant Pharmacists provide education to nursing center staff and prescribers through in-service, recommendations and our ElderCare Pharmacy Learning website.
The Pharmacy Nurse Consultant collaborates with the nursing centers we serve to provide:
- Infusion therapy classes that include lecture and demonstration for nursing staff
- Infusion therapy guidelines
- Inspection of medication stations and carts to insure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Quality assurance review of the medication administration record and narcotic sign out sheet(s)
- Upon request, medication administration in-services in regards to medication, application technique and manufacturer’s recommendations
ElderCare Pharmacy provides a flexible and easy to read medical records package. We collaborate with nursing centers in the creation of Physicians Order Forms, Medication Administration Records, Activities of Daily Living Records, Treatment Records, and Enteral Records. We offer a wide variety of patient specific reports to the centers.